Column alambic 400 litres
The 400 liters column alembic also called semiindustrialist made in copper. The column alembic is a variation of the traditional alembic. The same alembic has been used for centuries for the distillation of firewater, liqueurs, oils and perfumes.
It's hand-made and it has been made by craftsmen with a long experience that goes back to generations.Besides the fact it's perfectly working, this alembic is a beautiful object for decoration
The thermometer is included.
The column alembic is composed of four parts:
- The still pot in which we put the element we want to distill.
- The column, in which the element to be distilled has to be put.
- The lid : the upper part by where the steam passes. To be sure the steam doesn't escape, it will be better to insulate this lid with a mixture made with water and flour.
- The condenser. It's in this condenser where the steam is condensed and the element distilled goes out.
This alembic is particularly recommanded for the distillation of essential oils and plants, due to the fact that the water never touches the element that we want to distillate, which gives a high purity to the product distillated.
In the column alembic, the water is heated up until its evaporation, then the steam rises in the column and carries away the volatile components of the alcohols and plants.
Advantages of the column alembic:
- The column alembic can work like a traditional alembic (ideal for the distillation of liquids) if you turn or take off the column.
- The column alembic is also called semiindustrial because the water can be heated up more rapidly and time can be saved. It's possible to make a distillation of 2, 3 or 4 times the capacity of the column, thanks to the fact that it's possible to empty and fill the column again without the need of heating the water again. Our column alembic is totally sold (without rivets) so it's stronger and more watertight.